To celebrate Birmingham's Year of Arts and Young People, Birmingham Museums Trust is launching its first Youth Arts competition - Inspire 16!
Open to anyone aged 11-19, there's the opportunity to win an iPad Air and to show work in the summer exhibition in the Gas Hall at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery.
We welcome entries in all media:
- Creative writing
- Mixed media artwork
- Street art (please send photographs)
- Digital artwork including film (please send a YouTube link)
- Sculpture (please send video submissions)
- Performance/spoken word (please send video submissions)
The theme for this year’s competition is What inspires you?
How to enter
- Enter your artworks by email only to Inspire16@birminghammuseums.org.uk by 5pm on Friday 3 June 2016.
- Please include the following details in your email:
- Your name and age
- Your postcode
- A 35-50 word statement about your artwork
- If you are under 18, please also include an email address for a parent or guardian.
- Painting, drawing, photography, creative writing, mixed media, street art - please send a good quality photograph or scan of your artwork as a JPEG or PDF file. This must be viewable by a Microsoft computer. Take a look at our handy guide to photographing your work.
- Sculpture and fashion - please submit a 20-50 second video in a .mov or M-peg format.
- Digital artworks, film and performance - please upload a clip to YouTube and submit a link.
- The judges will select one overall winner who will win an iPad Air and have their work centre stage in the Gas Hall summer show at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery.
- Other shortlisted artworks will also be put on display in the Gas Hall.
- You must live in Birmingham (with a B postcode) and be aged 11-19.
- The closing date is 5pm on Friday 3 June 2016. Entries received after this time will not be submitted to the competition.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes will not be exchanged or refunded and there is no cash alternative.