This is the fourth year of our Inspire youth art competition for 5-19 year olds. In 2018 we received 401 entries, the most so far! We can’t wait to see what the young artists of the region create next!
This year the competition takes its inspiration from Blakesley Hall, the former home of many Birmingham families. We want to know:
‘What does family mean to you?’
You could be inspired by your family pet, parents, siblings, foster family, carers or grandparents to create a piece of art.
Finalists and winners will be displayed in an exhibition at Blakesley Hall over the summer. Win up to £200 of CASS Art Vouchers and many other prizes!
Entries will be judged in 3 age categories:
- 5-9 years
- 10-14 years
- 15-19 years
We want a broad range of art to be seen and welcome entries that use:
- Creative writing
- Mixed media artwork
- Street art
- Digital artwork including film
How to enter
1. Download and complete the Inspire 19 entry form. Please be aware you need parental consent to enter if you are under 18.
2. Attach a high-quality image of your artwork in PDF or JPEG format. The file size should be between 1 and 5 MB.
3. Enter your artworks by email only to Inspire19@birminghammuseums.org.uk
Entries must be received by 5pm on Friday 31st May.
Sending your work to us
Before you get started, please download and read our handy guide of how to get your work digital and over to us.
- Send us your artwork as good quality photograph or scan. This must be JPEG or PDF file. If you do not have a digital copy of your art we can’t judge it, so remember to use our handy guide to find the best way to capture your art digitally.
- Sculpture and fashion - please submit a 20-50 second video in a .mov or M-peg format.
- Digital artworks, film and performance - please upload a clip to YouTube and submit a link.
1. The judges will select four winners, one from each age category and an overall winner. All winners and other shortlisted artworks will be displayed in exhibition at Blakesley Hall. Finalists will be invited to the launch event and prize giving on Saturday 20th July.
2. You must live in the West Midlands Region and be aged 5-19. The West Midlands includes-
- West Bromwich
And the counties of-
Entries from locations outside these locations will not be considered.
3. The closing date is Friday 31st May. Entries received after this time will not be submitted to the competition.
4. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Prizes will not be exchanged or refunded and there is no cash alternative.
6. Artworks may be used for marketing and promotion purposes.
Need inspiration? Take a look at some of last year’s entries in the image gallery below.