If you’re an adult or child on the autistic spectrum or with other special needs and would prefer a quieter visit to our museums, join one of our Morning Explorers sessions!
Our museums will open early for you and your family to explore in a quiet and welcoming environment.
Free admission at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery.
(Half price admission, plus one free carer place at Thinktank, Blakesley Hall and Sarehole Mill. Entry to Coffin Works normal admission with one free carer place.)
Places must be pre-booked by calling 0121 348 8263Morning Explorers dates for 2018 are:
- Thinktank - Thurs 22nd February, 9-11am SOLD OUT
- Sarehole Mill - Sat 19th May, 9-11am
- Blakesley Hall - Thurs 19th July, 9-11am
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery – see Dippy the Dinosaur on tour! - Fri 27th July, timed ticket entry at 9am or 10am
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery – Dippy the Dinosaur - Thurs 9th August, timed ticket entry at 9am or 10am
- Thinktank - Sat 10th November 9-11am
On 9th August and 10th November, why not follow up your visit with an Autism Friendly Relaxed Tour at the Coffin Works at 11am. The Coffin Works is just 5 minutes walk from Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, 15 minutes from Thinktank. Please phone 0121 233 4790 to book Coffin Works tours.
For more information, please contact Rosie Barker, Community Engagement Officer on Rosie.Barker@BirminghamMuseums.org.uk