Returning for a fourth year, New Art West Midlands presents intriguing work by artists who have recently graduated from the region’s university art schools.
Highlights include Laura Haycock’s extraordinary self-portraits in which she reclines, nude, in the style of Venus - a reference to Velasquez’s 17th-century oil paintings and Jakki Carey’s painterly video work, Ís, capturing a glacial lake in Iceland in what appears to be a direct warning from nature about climate change.
In the Waterhall Gallery.
- Ís by Jakki Carey © the artist
- A Homage to Venus, Front Facing by Laura Haycock © the artist
- E90210 by Jack Marder © the artist
- Pierrot (after Madin) by Ally Standing © the artist
- Untold Situations #1 by Ruth Morby © the artist
- Saturday Morning in Dayvilles by Richard Savine © the artist