We are teaming up with Birmingham Children’s Hospital Charity and Wild in Art to present The Big Sleuth .
To most people, the word ‘sleuth’ means a private detective, but it’s also the collective noun for a group of bears!
For the Big Sleuth, artists have decorated over 100 bears which are situated all over the city, including 2 inside Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. Download the Big Sleuth Art Trail to find where all the bears are located around the city.
As part of this event there are also 137 little bears, designed and created by school children from all over the region. Many of these little bears can be found at Birmingham Museum’s sites too, including 22 bears throughout Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. Download the Little Bears Detective Club trail (PDF).
The aim of the bear trail is to inspire creativity and generate plenty of fun for all you sleuth spotters on the trail! After which, the bears will be auctioned to raise valuable funds for Birmingham Children’s Hospital Charity.
We have also create a trail inside Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery to help you find the bears. Download the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery bear trail (PDF). When you find the bears connected with Birmingham Museums you'll be able to redeem some special offers that are available.
Edwardian Tearooms Big Sleuth offer
There are 4 bears associated with Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. Simply find one of these bears to redeem our offer of one free child's meal for each adult meal purchased in the Edwardian Tearooms.
Our bears and where to find them:
- Ursa Minor - The Littlest Bear by microscopic artist Willard Wiggan MBE and children from Birmingham Children's hospital. Find this bear inside the main entrance at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery.
- Xt by artist Reuben Colley. This bear can be found on level 2 by the Bridge Cafe inside Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery.
- Marcus Bearlius by artist Stephen Earl Rogers can be found on New Street.
- Memoirs Of Paradise by Artist Gayani Ariyaratne is located on Paradise Bridge Walkway.
Once you have found one of our bears, input that bear’s code to The Big Sleuth app on your phone or tablet to gain and present the offer page at the Edwardian Tearooms to access this special offer.
2 for 1 Children's Menu Offer Terms and Conditions
- Offer can only be used once.
- Offer valid between 10/07/17 and 17/09/17 inclusive.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount.
- Offer is valid for under twelves only.
- Offer is only valid for child’s main course meal.
- Offer is only valid when purchased with an adult's main course meal.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Offer can only be redeemed in person.
- Offer may be withdrawn or subject to change without notice.