Take a look at some of our wonderful volunteers in action and find out why they volunteer at Birmingham Museums by watching the video below.
We are extremely grateful of the time our volunteers dedicate to supporting us, and we really want to make sure we are giving all of our team as good an experience as possible.
As a Birmingham Museums’ volunteer you have:
- An induction with us before you start to get you ready to volunteer
- Access to ongoing role specific training and support
- The opportunity to claim your travel expenses of up to £4.60 per day, in the hope that you won’t be left out of pocket as a result of giving us your time
- Access to our monthly newsletter which will keep you in the loop with all things volunteering
- The chance to join our Facebook group if you’re on social media
There are also plenty of opportunities to meet new people too, learn new things and really help your local museums.
Our volunteering opportunities are open to anyone aged 16 or over. If you are under 18 we will ask for a parent or guardian to give permission for you to volunteer with us. If you are interested in volunteering for Birmingham Museums then take a look at the current volunteering opportunities we have available across all our sites.
Volunteering at Our Museums
Find out more about the work our volunteers do at all our museum sites: