The Museum of the Jewellery Quarter is built around a perfectly preserved jewellery workshop offering a unique glimpse of working life in Birmingham’s famous Jewellery Quarter.
When the proprietors of the Smith & Pepper jewellery manufacturing firm retired in 1981 they simply ceased trading and locked the door, unaware they would be leaving a time capsule for future generations...
Today the factory is a remarkable museum, which tells the story of the Jewellery Quarter and Birmingham’s renowned jewellery and metalworking heritage.
Explore this extraordinary industrial time capsule on a lively guided tour. Here you will find things left as they were on Smith & Pepper’s last working day. Gather round the main jewellers’ bench to watch a demonstration of the traditional skills of this fine trade and discover what it was like to work here.
The museum also has an interactive gallery exploring the story of the Jewellery Quarter which features a wide range of spectacular, locally-made jewellery and metalwares. The museum shop sells original work by local designer jewellers, along with a wide variety of gifts and books.
If you’re a group of between 10 and 50 people we are able to offer you this package deal:
- A guided tour of the Smith & Pepper factory for all members of the group
- Tea or coffee (squash for children) for the group in our charming café or for larger parties, in our events space
- A copy of our Museum of the Jewellery Quarter guidebook for each adult member of the group
We’ll make sure the organiser and coach driver are looked after too:
- Coach party welcomed by member of staff
- Free complimentary admission for group organiser
- Free complimentary familiarisation visit for group organiser
- Free complimentary admission for coach driver
- On-street coach parking bay (max stay 2hrs)
Group Price: £10 per adult, £4 per child.
Lunch can be arranged for an additional fee.
To make a booking
Please call the Bookings Team on 0121 348 8001 or email email@example.com with your enquiry.