If you’re an adult or child on the autistic spectrum or with other special needs and would prefer a quieter visit to our museums, join one of our Morning Explorers sessions!
Our museums will open early for you and your family to explore in a quiet and welcoming environment.
Half price admission, plus one free carer place at Thinktank, Blakesley Hall and Sarehole Mill.
Free admission at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery.
Entry to Coffin Works normal admission with one free carer place.
Places must be pre-booked by calling 0121 348 8263 or by booking online.
Morning Explorers dates for 2018 are:
- Thinktank - Thurs 22nd February, 9-11am
- Sarehole Mill - Sat 19th May, 9-11am
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery – see Dippy the Dinosaur on tour! - Fri 27th July, timed ticket entry at 9am or 10am
- Blakesley Hall - Thurs 19th July, 9-11am
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery – Dippy the Dinosaur - Thurs 9th August, timed ticket entry at 9am or 10am
- Thinktank - Sat 10th November 9-11am
On 9th August and 10th November, why not follow up your visit with an Autism Friendly Relaxed Tour at the Coffin Works at 11am. The Coffin Works is just 5 minutes walk from Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, 15 minutes from Thinktank. Please phone 0121 233 4790 to book Coffin Works tours.
For more information, please contact Rosie Barker, Community Engagement Officer on Rosie.Barker@BirminghamMuseums.org.uk