Soho House was the elegant home of the industrialist and entrepreneur Matthew Boulton from 1766 to 1809. Beautifully restored, the house reflects the fashions and tastes of the late Georgian period.
Soho House was a favourite meeting place of the Lunar Society, a leading Enlightenment group. They met every month on the night of the full moon to dine, conduct experiments, and discuss philosophical matters of the day. Erasmus Darwin, James Watt and Joseph Priestley all gathered around the Lunar Room table and engaged in a lively exchange of ideas which inspired many new discoveries and inventions.
Soho is an unexpected haven close to the city centre, with a peaceful garden carefully designed using Boulton’s original planting lists. The newly refurbished visitor centre contains a gift shop and beautiful tearoom which looks out onto the gardens and the striking façade of Soho House.
Group bookings include:
- Guided tour of Soho House (approx. 1hr 15 mins)
- Access to the gardens
- Access to our Community Gallery when we are hosting an exhibition*
- Min group 10 and max group 50 (split into smaller groups to visit the house)
- Coach welcomed by member of staff
- Free admission and hot drink for coach driver
- Free admission to group organiser
- Free familiarisation visit for group organiser
- Coach parking available (small mini-buses on site, large coaches on the road)
- Book to visit two Birmingham Heritage Sites** for 10% discount (cannot be used in conjunction with other discount)
- Catering can be pre-booked for group visits:
- Tea, Coffee & Biscuits: £2.40 per person
- Tea, Coffee & Cake: £4.20 per person
- Sandwich Lunch: £9.60 per head (catering prices shown include VAT)
- Special themed tours available (additional fee may apply)
* Please check the What’s On page of our website for details of any temporary exhibitions
** Birmingham Heritage Sites are Aston Hall, Blakesley Hall, Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Sarehole Mill, Soho House and Weoley Castle.
Guided Tour: £7.00 per person
Group leader: Free
Wednesday – Thursday and the first Sunday of the month, 10am – 4pm
Friday – Tuesday, evenings and out of season weekends: Prices available on request.
To make a booking
Please call the Bookings Team on 0121 348 8001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.