Join us for the launch of 'Don't Settle', a project delivered by Free Radical as part of Beatfreeks Collective, in partnership with Birmingham Museums Trust, Chance Glass Works Heritage Trust and Birmingham City University.
The event is for you to explore, engage and discuss how to improve the representation of young people from minoritised communities in cultural organisations which tell the stories that make up our cities. This will empower young people from Birmingham and the Black Country to change the voice of heritage through the arts, research, and governance.
You will hear from key heritage decision makers and artivists, engage in live conversation with speakers, experience a thought-provoking performance and see how your voice can create an impact.
At BLAB X Don’t Settle you can expect to:
- Hear from key heritage decision makers and artivists discussing issues surrounding representation in museums.
- Enter into live conversation with speakers to share your thoughts and questions.
- Engage in a thought-provoking performance from celebrated poet Suhaiymah Manzoor-Khan.
- Experience how your voice can impact the stories of local communities.
- Learn how to get involved with Don’t Settle over the next three years.
- Dr Kehinde Andrews - Professor. Author. Founder of Harambee.
- Suhaiymah Manzoor-Khan - Writer. Spoken Word Poet. Speaker.
- Rachael Minott. Curator. Museums Association Trustee. Artist.
- Yasmina de Silva - Poet. Activist.
The event is completely FREE. Click on Book Tickets to go to the Eventbrite page to register.