If you’re an adult or child on the autistic spectrum or with other special needs and would prefer a quieter visit to our museums, join one of our Morning Explorers sessions!
Our museums will open early for you and your family to explore in a quiet and welcoming environment.
Half price admission, plus one free carer place at Thinktank, Blakesley Hall and Sarehole Mill.
Free admission at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery.
Entry to Coffin Works normal admission with one free carer place.
Places must be pre-booked by calling 0121 348 8263 or by booking online.
Morning Explorers dates for 2018 are:
- Thinktank - Thurs 22nd February, 9-11am SOLD OUT
- Sarehole Mill - Sat 19th May, 9-11am
- Blakesley Hall - Thurs 19th July, 9-11am
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery – see Dippy the Dinosaur on tour! - Fri 27th July, timed ticket entry at 9am or 10am
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery – Dippy the Dinosaur - Thurs 9th August, timed ticket entry at 9am or 10am
- Thinktank - Sat 10th November 9-11am
Thinktank will be only open to Morning Explorers visitors from 9-10am. General visitors will be able to enter from 10am, but Level 0 will be kept private for Morning Explorers until 11am. You are welcome to stay as long as you like once you have come into the museum.
On 9th August and 10th November, why not follow up your visit with an Autism Friendly Relaxed Tour at the Coffin Works at 11am. The Coffin Works is just 5 minutes walk from Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery , 15 minutes from Thinktank. Please phone 0121 233 4790 to book Coffin Works tours.
For more information, please contact Rosie Barker, Community Engagement Officer on Rosie.Barker@BirminghamMuseums.org.uk