Enter our new youth arts competition and show your work at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery this summer. Plus, be in with a chance of winning an iPad Air!
To celebrate Birmingham's Year of Arts and Young People, Birmingham Museums Trust is launching its first youth arts competition for anyone living in the city aged 11-19.;
The theme for this year’s competition is What inspires you?
We welcome entries in all media:
- Creative writing
- Mixed media artwork
- Street art
- Digital artwork including film
- Performance/spoken word
How to enter
- Enter your artworks by email only to Inspire16@birminghammuseums.org.uk by 5pm on Friday 3 June 2016.
- Please include the following details in your email:
- Your name and age
- Your postcode
- A 35-50 word statement about your artwork
- If you are under 18, please also include an email address for a parent or guardian.
- Painting, drawing, photography, creative writing, mixed media, street art - please send a good quality photograph or scan of your artwork as a JPEG or PDF file. This must be viewable by a Microsoft computer. Take a look at our handy guide to photographing your work.
- Sculpture and fashion - please submit a 20-50 second video in a .mov or M-peg format.
- Digital artworks, film and performance - please upload a clip to YouTube and submit a link.
- The judges will select one overall winner who will win an iPad Air and have their work centre stage in the Gas Hall summer show at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery.
- Other shortlisted artworks will also be put on display in the Gas Hall.
- You must live in Birmingham (with a B postcode) and be aged 11-19.
- The closing date is 5pm on Friday 3 June 2016. Entries received after this time will not be submitted to the competition.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes will not be exchanged or refunded and there is no cash alternative.