From Monday 7th October until 29th October 2019, there are pedestrian diversions to Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery - this is due to the Paradise redevelopment. But don't worry there are detours in place.
(This page has been updated on 7th October to reflect the new changes in access.)
Entering from Victoria Square
The main entrance to Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery from Victoria Square is now open. However, there is currently no entrance to Centenary way, as after the museum entrance there is a dead end.
The main entrance has over 40 steps, to access the lift entrance at Gas Hall follow these detour instructions:
Lift Access - Detour Instructions to Gas Hall Entrance
- If you are approaching Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery from Victoria Square please head to the right of the Council House.
- You then need to turn left into Eden Place (Starbucks is on the corner).
- At the end of Eden Place turn left again onto Edmund Street.
- The Gas Hall lift entrance is on the right. Use this entrance for lift access to all the galleries.
See map 1 in the images below.
Entering From Centenary Square
There is no access to the main entrance from Centenary Square, please enter the museum via the Gas Hall entrance by following these instructions:
Detour Instructions to Gas Hall Entrance
- If you are approaching Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery from Centenary Square please walk straight ahead.
- This will take you on to Edmund Street.
- The Gas Hall entrance is on the left. This entrance has lift access and gives access all the galleries.
See map 2 below in the images below.