The menu for the Edwardian Tearooms at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery can be found below, alternatively download the text of this page (excluding the Christmas Lunch menu) as a PDF document: Edwardian Tearooms Menu.
- Homemade seasonal soup served with rustic bread and butter
- Roast Shropshire turkey served with chipolata sausage and seasoning
- Wild mushroom pie and parmesan mash
All of the above are served with seasonal greens.
- Christmas pudding and brandy sauce
Followed by coffee and mince pies and accompanied with festive novelties!
Only £16.95 per person! Booking is recommended but not required, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full English breakfast - Bacon, Cumberland sausage, black pudding, free-range egg, hash brown, flat mushroom, roasted tomato and baked beans £9.95. Add two slices of toast £1.00.
- Veggie breakfast - Fried halloumi, vegetarian sausage, free-range egg, flat mushroom, roasted tomato, hash brown, baked beans and toast £8.95.
- Door stop bacon or sausage butty with tomato chutney £5.95
- Smoked salmon, scrambled free-range eggs on toasted brioche £9.50
- Avocado hummus and poached free-range eggs on toast £8.50
- Toasted crumpet with butter £2.50
- Toasted tea cake with butter £2.50
- Toast with butter, marmalade or jam £2.50
- Mixed salad
- Rustic bread and butter
All sides are £2.50.
- Hand carved ham salad, finished with a classic French dressing £7.95
- Smoked salmon salad dressed with capers and dill £9.95
- Mild cheddar cheese salad and tomato chutney £7.95
- Today’s homemade soup, rustic bread and butter £5.95
- Hand carved ham, free-range egg and chips £8.95
- Battered cod and chips with lime and caper mayonnaise £9.95
- Fish finger sandwich with lime and caper mayonnaise and salad £6.50
- Baked potato brushed with olive oil; sea salt and cracked black pepper, served with a choice of the following fillings; tuna mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, coleslaw, baked beans £6.95
- Vegan tandoori butternut squash and chickpea curry with basmati rice £8.95
- Smoked salmon tagliatelle with creamy pesto sauce and spinach £10.95
- The BMAG burger, 2x 4 oz beef patties topped with crispy bacon, American cheese and tomato chutney on a brioche bun served with chips £10.95
- Moroccan pulled lamb flatbread hummus and pomegranate yoghurt dressing £11.95
- Roast free-range chicken supreme, morel sherry sauce, creamy mash and seasonal greens £11.50
Donation Dip £1. Add this invisible dip to your order to donate to Birmingham Museums. Your dish will taste exactly the same, but you’ll get that extra feel good factor knowing you’ve donated to support the museums.
- Mac ‘n’ cheese £4.50
- Margherita pizza with chips and salad £4.50
- Fish finger sandwich with chips and salad £4.50
- Beef burger served on a bun with chips and salad £4.50
- Sticky toffee pudding with custard £4.25
- Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, Curly Wurly pieces, marshmallows, wafer and toffee sauce
- Adults Ice cream £4.25
- Children Ice cream £3.00
- Victoria Sandwich £3.50
- Carrot Cake £3.50
- Red Velvet £3.50
- Coffee and Walnut £3.50
- Vegan Cookie Loaf £3.50
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake £3.50
- Celebration Afternoon Tea
Propose a toast with a glass of Piper Heidsieck Champagne, scones, strawberry preserve, Cornish clotted cream and a selection of sandwiches and afternoon cakes £23.95. (Add an extra glass of champagne for £7.50)
- Traditional Afternoon Tea
A selection of sandwiches, afternoon cakes, scones, strawberry preserve and Cornish clotted cream served with a choice of loose-leaf tea infusions or freshly ground coffee £17.95
- Cream Tea
Mini fruit scones, strawberry preserve and Cornish clotted cream served with a choice of loose-leaf tea infusions or freshly ground coffee £8.50
- One course £12.95
- Two courses £16.95
- Three courses £19.95
- Today’s homemade soup, rustic bread and butter
- Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding
- Roast loin of pork, apple sauce and seasoning
- Wild mushroom pie and parmesan
All the above served with seasonal vegetables and roast potatoes.
- Sticky toffee pudding with custard
Before you order your food and drinks please speak to a member of our staff if you have any food allergies or food intolerances. Vegan and gluten free menus are available on request.
Dining with us helps support Birmingham Museums Trust to continue to care for Birmingham’s unique collection, and the delivery of our award-winning education programme. Thank you for supporting your museum.