Welcome back! Find out everything you need to know for your visit to Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. Although things are a little different to normal, we want to ensure your visit is safe, enjoyable and inspirational.
Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
Please use the Gas Hall Entrance on Edmund Street. The Chamberlain Square entrance is exit only.
There is a lift available at the Gas Hall for those who need it to access the building. The lift should only be used by one bubble/family group or by one individual at a time.
10am – 5pm, Wednesday to Sunday.
The capacity within the museum has been reduced to accommodate social distancing and only Level 2 art galleries will be open with a one way system in place.
Booking tickets to visit
Online advanced booking is required to visit the museum. Please book your free timed ticket.
Entry is free however we ask that you consider making a donation if possible, to help support us during this very challenging time.
Track and Trace
The online booking system will keep your contact details for the period required following your visit. If you come to the gallery without a timed ticket booking you will be asked to book via your mobile phone or you can book at the ticket desk onsite.
You can check into the site via the QR code poster using the NHS COVID-19 app on arrival, but a museum ticket booking is essential.
When you visit
To help keep you and all museum visitors and staff safe, we ask that you please:
- Do not enter if you are feeling unwell, have any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with anyone that has had the virus in the last 14 days.
- Wear a face covering inside the building.
- Use hand sanitiser on entering the building and regularly throughout your visit.
- Do not pass your phone or printed tickets to our staff. You may be asked for your name and booking number.
- Do not exceed one bubble/family group in each toilet facility at any one time.
- Follow the one-way system at all times.
- Card payments only to limit personal interaction, with contactless preferred.
- Keep a safe distance from other visitors and staff.
- Bear in mind that lockers are not available for use.
- Due to recent changes in Coronavirus restrictions, we are currently only able to accommodate groups of up to six people from the same household/support bubble.
- There will be table service at the Edwardian Tearooms. Please wait to be seated when you arrive.
- A takeway service for sandwiches and hot and cold drinks is also available.
Please see the Edwardian Tearooms page for more information.
Staff will be wearing masks.
Please do ask staff if you have any questions or would like to raise any concerns.
We hope you enjoy your visit.