"Travel" through time at Birmingham's Museum Collection Centre - located at 25 Dollman Street, Nechells, B7 4RQ.
The collection centre is the home of the city's historical and cultural collection, from sculpture to steam engines; toys to costumes it is rarely open to the public. This year's focus is our transport collection.
Stroll down aisles of objects steeped with history, join in family fun activities, and learn how we care for the collection! See classic cars, bicycle, motorbikes, toys, shoes, sculpture and much much more!
What makes the Open Day a special event:
- It's free - no need to book in advance
- Birmingham Museums Collections Centre houses all the objects that aren’t currently on display at Birmingham Museums Trust sites
- Access to a site that is only open on certain event days and through booking only
- Great opportunity to look behind the scenes
- Open Day is once a year
- Meet the experts – explore objects that aren’t usually out on display at the Museum Collections Centre, and meet the teams who look after and manage the store
- Vintage bus rides
- Variety of refreshments
- Family storytelling
There will be a free vintage bus service to and from the city centre throughout the day. The bus will stop at Snow Hill, Lloyd House and the Museum Collection Centre, Nechells. The bus service is provided by Aston Manor Road Transport Museum. Download the shuttle bus timetable (PDF).
Free event, no need to book in advance, part of Birmingham Heritage Week and Heritage Open Days.