This event is sold out.
Taking part in creative activities has been shown to improve your wellbeing, so we want to encourage everyone to make a little space for creativity in their lives.
Join us for our art for wellbeing sessions at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery. Each session will be led by artist Rita Patel, giving you a chance to try creative activities and learn new skills in a friendly supportive atmosphere.
No art experience is necessary, and sessions are suitable for all abilities, even if you haven't picked up a pencil since school!
All materials and refreshments will be provided. Sessions are for adults only, and each session must be booked separately. Feel free to join us for one activity or more!
Sessions will take place on the following dates:
- Saturday 1st February, 11.30am - 1.30pm - sold out
- Saturday 8th February, 11.30am - 1.30pm - sold out
- Saturday 15th February, 11.30am - 1.30pm - sold out
- Saturday 22nd February, 11.30am - 1.30pm - sold out
- Saturday 29th February, 11.30am - 3.30pm - sold out
Sessions will be:
- Week 1 – pen and ink drawings inspired by maps of Birmingham
- Week 2 – block printing using motifs you can find around the museum
- Week 3 – monoprinting from drawings and stencils
- Week 4 – drawing with wire and creating pictures with wire structures
- Week 5 – creating abstract landscapes using inks, paint and collage
Pre-booking essential. Book tickets online or phone 0121 348 8263 (lines open Monday - Saturday, 9am - 5pm). This event is sold out.
This project is part of a partnership with Creative Health CIC, Wolverhampton Art Gallery, New Art Gallery Walsall and Staffordshire Libraries. Art for wellbeing activities will be taking place at all the partner venues throughout 2020.