About Christmas Tales from the Court of King Arthur
In the Majestic surroundings of Aston Hall listen to two tales of Medieval Yuletide splendour fit for the Court of Camelot and Queen Guinevere herself!
Whilst filled with action, humour and adventure each tale explores its own, often overlooked, qualities of Knighthood:
- Gawaine and The Green Knight
King Arthur's nephew rides out to fulfil a deadly quest, that as a game with a giant. He must battle both magic and his own fear.
- The Christmas Cherry Tree
A story to prove that charity and generosity can bring a knight its own reward. A story that shows the true meaning of Christmas.
Pre-booking is highly recommended as this event is likely to be extremely popular.
- Entry into Aston Hall is included and the Hall will be decorated for Christmas.
- Please arrive from 1.30pm to explore the Hall. You’ll have until 3pm to explore, at which point we’ll ask you to gather for stories in the Great Hall. We expect the storytelling to last approximately an hour starting at 3.15pm.
- Aston Hall is a historic building and can be very cold so pease dress warmly. Stiletto heels are not permitted due to the historic floors.
- The Stable Yard Café and grounds are open from 11am - 4pm. Be sure to allow enough time to visit the café before the tales begin as we do not allow drinks or food to be taken into the Hall.
Accessibility: The event take place on the ground floor which is accessible to all visitors. The upper floors are accessed by stairs only, there is no lift. For more details see accessibility information.
Choose Dates and Book
You might also like...
- Weoley Castle
Kids Warhammer Club , at Weoley Castle.First Saturday of every month and Tuesdays in Birmingham School HolidaysFree, drop in table-top gamming clubBlakesley Hall
Christmas Craft Market , at Blakesley Hall.–Free entry to our festive market and purchase locally made crafts and gifts.Thinktank
Planetarium Christmas Holiday Weekdays , at Thinktank.Christmas holiday weekdays (until Fri 5 Jan)Join us for one of our planetarium shows.
Further content for Christmas Tales from the Court of King Arthur