About Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon
Join us for a fulldome experience featuring 10 tracks from The Dark Side of the Moon set to stunning 360° visuals after a short tour of the night sky.
Pink Floyd’s iconic album ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’, originally released in March 1973, turns 50, and what more fitting a place to celebrate it and experience it than in a Planetarium, through the music set to visuals. Originally launched in London Planetarium, the idea of a show combining breath-taking views of the solar system and beyond, played out to 42 minutes of The Dark Side Of The Moon in surround sound, has been embraced by the band. NSC Creative has led the visual production efforts, working closely with Pink Floyd’s long time creative collaborator Aubrey Powell from Hipgnosis.
Each song has a different theme; some futuristically looking forward and some a retro acknowledgment to Pink Floyd’s visual history, all relating to a time and space experience, embracing up to the minute technology that only a Planetarium can offer. A truly immersive and all-encompassing surround sound and visual treat that will transcend reality and take you way beyond the realms of 2D experience.
Join us under the dome with a short tour of the night sky, before settling down to immerse yourselves in this stunning music and visual treat.
A pay bar will be available arrival with a chance to explore the level 3 gallery of Thinktank (note no food and drink will be allowed in the planetarium).
- Our evening performances are suitable for those aged 18-years-old and over.
- This spectacular fulldome film is inspired by the music of Pink Floyd, and as such contains non-astronomy content.
- It contains infrequent use of strong language, some flashing images, and visuals which may cause some people to feel a sensation of movement.
- Event takes place in the Thinktank Planetarium on Thursday 18 January 2024, 7.15pm - 8.30pm. (Doors open 6.45pm) and again 8.45pm-10pm (Doors open 8.15pm)
Note: due to the layout of the building, no late entry will be permitted after the doors have closed. Doors will close 5min after the start time for each screening. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Please give yourself extra travelling time when driving to Thinktank as there are roadworks and diversions across the city centre which can cause delays.
- Entry is via the Level 3 Event Suite, accessible from level 3 of Millennium Point.
Pre-booking is essential.
You might also like...
Thinktank Taster Tour , at Thinktank.Selected ThursdaysJoin us for a taster tours of the museum followed by a planetarium show.Sarehole Mill
Christmas Wreath Workshop , at Sarehole Mill.3 DecMake your own beautiful Nordic inspired Hygge Eco Christmas wreath.Thinktank
Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon , at Thinktank.31 Oct - 16 December on selected datesNew 360° fulldome experience featuring 10 tracks from The Dark Side of the Moon.
Further content for Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon