At the moment we are unable to offer baked goods or our Bake and Take service, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Looking for great gifts, food essentials or tasty treats? The community shop has you covered…
We are fully stocked with freshly baked goods including white and wholemeal bloomers, sausage rolls, cream teas-to-go and our famous chocolate chip cookies! We also sell great flour, perfect for baking at home, and a range of kitchen cupboard essentials! Pop in and see what we’ve got on the shelves, or pre-book your freshly baked loaf through our Bake and Take scheme.
Perhaps it’s a great new book you’re after (we inspired J.R.R Tolkien after all!)? Or a lovely gift? Well you’re in luck, we’ve got those too. What’s more, every purchase helps support Birmingham Museums.
You can also pick up takeaway hot and cold drinks plus a range of snacks. Why not stop in and refuel if you’re walking in the local area?
We are open 11am – 4pm, Wednesday – Sunday.
Due to the nature of our business we cannot guarantee that food prepared on this premises is free from allergenic ingredients.
Available in regular/ small
- Café Americano - £2.20 / £2.00
- Flat White - £3.00
- Cappuccino - £3.00 / £2.80
- Café Latte - £3.00 / £2.80
- Café Mocha - £3.00 / £2.80
- Espresso - £1.80 / £1.70
- Hot Chocolate £3.00 / £2.80
- Loose Leaf Tea Infusions - £2.80
Choose from English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Green, Peppermint, Camomile, Red Berry, Darjeeling or Ginger and Lemongrass
Shots of syrup - vanilla / caramel / hazelnut 70p.
Oat and soya milk alternatives available.
- Beechdean Tubs £2.00
- Cornetto Classico (contains dairy, nuts and gluten) £1.80
- Cornetto Mint (contains dairy and gluten) £1.80
- Solero (contains dairy) £2.00
- Calippo £1.60
- Feast (contains dairy and nuts)£1.60
Birmingham Museums Trust Members' can enjoy their 10% discount when shopping in the community shop.
When you visit
To keep you and other visitors safe we have the following measures in place:
- Staff who test positive for COVID-19 isolate at home for at least 5 days until they have two successive negative tests.
- We support staff and visitors who wish to wear a face covering and you’ll also find Perspex screens in operation.
- Contactless card payments are preferred in order to limit personal interaction but cash will be accepted.
- We encourage you to keep a safe distance from other visitors and staff at all times.