Thinktank Birthday Party Terms & Conditions
- Payment must be made a minimum of 14 days in advance of your party.
- Any cancellations must be made in writing.
- Cancellations of any parties will incur the following charges: Within 14 days of visit – 100% of cost of party.
Conduct and Responsibilities
- You are responsible for the supervision and conduct of children in your group at all times. It is important that children are never left unattended or allowed to wander around the building alone. Birmingham Museums are not responsible for supervision of your party.
- Please ensure there are enough adults to supervise the children. We require a ratio of at least one adult for every 10 children. Failure to bring sufficient and appropriate adult assistance may result in your admission to the museum being refused. In this instance, you will still be liable for the full cost of your party.
- You know your children best and if you feel that you need to bring more adults than the above ratios suggest, please do so.
- Severely disruptive behaviour will lead to the group being asked to leave Thinktank and no refunds will be made on any part of the visit.
- You will be liable for any damage caused by the actions of any member within your group.
Cloakroom and Lunch
- Thinktank accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to the property of visitors and any property left within Thinktank’s cloakroom facilities is done so at your own risk.
- The lunch area is located on Level 0, you will be allocated a time for your party’s lunch. Spaces in the lunch area are limited so it is important that you are there for your allotted time. Children should be supervised throughout their lunchtime.
- By accepting these terms, you agree to ensure that your group has vacated the lunch area by the end of your allotted time.
- At the point of booking you will be asked to pre-order lunch bags for your party. It is important that you let us know of any dietary requirements or allergies at this point.
- Any changes to your catering requirements must be made a minimum of 7 days in advance of your visit. Cancellations or changes after that time may incur a charge.
- The Gallery Enabler team (in blue branded t-shirts) are present within the museum to assist and help you make the most of your visit. They are a valuable source of information regarding museum content as well as orientation.
- Gallery Enablers are not present to lead or guide you around the museum or to take responsibility for your party.
- If during your visit you have any problems, the Gallery Enabler team are located in the galleries and will assist you in any way they can.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all adults within the visiting group have read and understood these Terms and Conditions.
Please retain a copy of this page for your records.