The Museum Collection Centre is a modern building and is generally good for accessibility.
Please tell us if there is anything we can do to improve the accessibility of the Museum Collections Centre, and the information that we provide.
If you have any queries or other requirements for your visit contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0121 348 8000 (9.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday)
Getting Around the Building
- There is level access to all ground floor areas of the warehouse including the toilets.
- There is lift access to all other levels.
- The MCC is approximately 12,000m2 spread across three levels.
- The floor surface is smooth concrete or linoleum inside, concrete or tarmac outside.
There is a free car park at the Museum Collection Centre with spaces reserved for Blue Badge holders.
- One personal assistant is permitted free entry when accompanying those in receipt of Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.
- If multiple personal assistants are required, prior arrangements must be made with the Manager or equivalent and written evidence of this may be required.
- Due to our adherence to health and safety guidelines, we cannot allow anyone under the age of 16 years to be a personal assistant to another person. We do not allow personal assistants for anybody under the age of 3.
Arriving for a visit
- The public entrance is a 2 minute walk from our car park.
- Exit out of the vehicle gate and turn right onto Dollman Street. Turn right at the next junction (Nechells Business Park). Turn right into our public entrance. This is clearly marked.
There are accessible toilets on the ground level.
Guide and Assistance dogs are welcome. We can provide dogs with a bowl of drinking water
Some parts of the venue have low lighting. These areas are more dimly lit to aid preservation of the objects.
There are seating areas on the ground level. If you require seating and none is available, please speak to a member of staff.
We have a concessionary rate for disabled visitors and a complimentary ticket policy for personal assistants. See our Concessions Policy for more details.