Weoley Castle ruins can be seen from a viewing platform throughout the year. Access to the ruins and our visitor centre takes place on event days.
Weoley Castle ruins can be seen from a viewing platform throughout the year in daylight hours.
Access to the ruins and our visitor centre takes place on event days. See the What's On page for details.
Weoley Castle is classified as a scheduled Ancient Monument of national importance, and access to the site is managed to preserve the ruins.
The following facilities are available on event days only.
- Education Room
- Toilets, including Disabled
- Baby Changing facilities
Photography is allowed (unless stated otherwise) but not for commercial use. Please respect the privacy of other visitors when taking photographs. No tripods, selfie-sticks or flash photography.
Please be advised that Birmingham Museums reserves the right to undertake searches of bags and personal property, and to refuse entry. We Thank you for your cooperation.
No weapons are permitted on our premises.
Keeping everyone safe
What are our safety measures?
We want to make sure your visit is as safe and enjoyable as possible so some safety measures will continue:
- We support staff and visitors who wish to wear a face covering.
- Staff who test positive for COVID-19 isolate at home for at least 5 days until they have two successive negative tests.
- We have hand sanitisers at the entrance and throughout the building.
- Contactless card payments will limit personal interaction, but cash will also be accepted.
- We have cleaners working throughout the day focusing on touch points and toilets to keep them safe and clean.
Please do not visit us if you are feeling unwell, have any symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with anyone that has had the virus in the last 10 days. Please contact us if you have any further questions.