We are lucky to have an amazing team of volunteers supporting us at all nine of our sites. Our volunteers get involved with a whole range of projects and activities and we couldn't do what we do without them.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
We are planning to recruit new volunteers in early 2024. If you are age 18 or over and would like to find out more about our current volunteer opportunities and meet the team, then please come to our Volunteering Fair:
- Date: Thursday 18th January 2024
- Time: Drop-in between 10.30 am and 12.30 pm
- Location: Thinktank Event Suite (level 3), Millennium Point, B4 7XG
Please give yourself extra travelling time when driving to Thinktank as there are roadworks and diversions across the city centre which can cause delays.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Volunteer Programme
Take a look at some of our wonderful volunteers in action and find out why they volunteer at with us, by watching the video below.
We are extremely grateful of the time our volunteers dedicate to supporting us, and we really want to make sure we are giving all of our team as good an experience as possible.
As a Birmingham Museums’ volunteer you have:
- An induction with us before you start to get you ready to volunteer
- Access to ongoing role specific training and support
- The opportunity to claim your travel expenses of up to £6.50 per day, in the hope that you won’t be left out of pocket as a result of giving us your time
- Access to our monthly newsletter which will keep you in the loop with all things volunteering
There are also plenty of opportunities to meet new people too, learn new things and really help your local museums.
Volunteering at Our Museums
Find out more about the work our volunteers do at all our museum sites: