Museum of the Jewellery Quarter
70-80 Vyse Street
Museum of the Jewellery Quarter is located just outside Birmingham city centre. For Sat Nav use postcode B18 6HA.
Vyse Street is off Great Hampton Street (B4100). There is no car park at the museum but parking is available on Vyse street and nearby streets (charges may apply).
Clean Air Zone
Birmingham is now a 'Category D Clean Air Zone', this means owners of the most high-polluting vehicles will be charged to drive within certain parts of the city centre, including the area that Thinktank is located in. To find out more and to check if your vehicle will be charged visit brumbreathes.co.uk
From Birmingham city centre use the following buses.
- Number 101. Catch the bus at Colmore Row. Get off at the Clock bus stop on Warstone Lane
- Number 16. Catch the bus at Upper Dean Street Get off at the Vyse Street bus stop on Great Hampton Street
- Number 74. Catch the bus at Old Square. Get off at the Vyse Street bus stop on Great Hampton Street
From other Birmingham areas use circular bus Number 8A and Number 8C. Get off at Jewellery Quarter Station bus stop.
Bus services are operated by National Express West Midlands.
Day Saver offer
Visitors to our sites can get 25% off their Day Saver bus tickets when they travel to our sites. Visit National Express and enter this code: NXTTA25.
The closest metro stop is Jewellery Quarter. It is a 8 minute trip between the Grand Central metro stop (outside New Street Station) and Jewellery Quarter.
Turn left upon leaving the station onto Vyse Street and the entrance to the museum is located on the right hand side of the road. It is 5 mins walk away.
Jewellery Quarter Station
- The closest train station is the Jewellery Quarter.
- It is a 2 minute journey from Birmingham Snow Hill station to the Jewellery Quarter station.
- Turn left upon leaving the station onto Vyse Street and the entrance to the museum is located on the right hand side of the road. It is 5 mins walk away.
Please check the West Midlands Railway website for Station Accessibility information.
Museum of the Jewellery Quarter is a short distance from Birmingham city centre. It is approximately 1.2 miles from Birmingham New Street and Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery.
We recommend using CycleStreets to plan your route to the Museum of the Jewellery Quarter. This is a an open source map and journey planner.
Bike racks are not available at the museum but some can be found at Jewellery Quarter Station, 5 minutes walk away.