About Sarehole Mill
Sarehole Mill is a 250 year old idyllic watermill only four miles from Birmingham city centre. The cobbled courtyard and millpond provide a tranquil haven away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The mill has a connection with the author JRR Tolkien, author of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy. He lived across the road when he was a boy, and later in life he stated how the mill and rural surroundings inspired his writings of Middle-earth.
Conferences and Corporate Events
Sarehole Mill provides a unique setting for meetings, parties and events.
What we offer
- The Events Space at Sarehole Mill can be used for small gatherings and meetings of up to 15 people.
- The Courtyard is available for exclusive hire and can be used for outdoor events.
- We have on-site parking and plenty of catering options to suit your event.
In addition to hiring our spaces, guided tours and talks are available to make your event even more unique. These can be tailored to your groups needs or interests.
We can also provide delicious refreshments for you and your guests, including baked goods from our onsite bakery.
Event Spaces, Capacity and Hire Charges
Ideal for away days and meetings.
- Max 15 people
- Half day: £130 + VAT
- Full day: £300 + VAT
Twilight Talk, Tour and Tea
An atmospheric evening with talk and mill tour, with tea and cake, £20 per person. Capacity 10–15 people.
Exclusive hire of courtyard, tearoom and grounds.
- Standing Reception: 100
- Seated: 50
- 4 hour hire: £750 + VAT
- 6 hour hire: £1000 + VAT
Hire time includes set up and take down time.
Terms and Conditions
- Hire charges are for room only and do not include staffing, catering or set up charges.
- Prices quoted are for hires between 9.30am–4.30pm.
- Out of hours hires are also available, please ask for further information.
Please get in touch to discuss how we can tailor packages to meet your needs.
Call our team on 0121 348 8082 or email HeritageVenueHire@BirminghamMuseums.org.uk