We know that some people require more information to plan their visit, so we've shared more details that might be helpful.
- There are 2 clearly marked Blue Badge parking spaces, which are 90m/100yds from the main entrance.
- The onsite car park surface is tarmac.
- There is no lighting in this area.
- If arriving by taxi you you can be dropped off at the main entrance, coaches are to drop off at the chains
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- The main entrance, reception and ticketing area is situated on the ground floor of the Stables Range with step free, level access throughout.
- The area is evenly and well lit with spot lights.
Aston Hall Entrance
- Entrance to Aston Hall is a short walk away from the main entrance, reception and ticket area.
- There are 3 steps leading to the Hall’s main entrance. There is side entrance for everyone who requires a level entrance.
- The main entrance door is 880mm/34.5ins wide.
- Owing to its age, Aston Hall has no lift access to the first or second floors.
- There is an interactive guide located in the Hall, which shows you the rooms upstairs.
- Interpretation boards are all in large text, and have pictorial representation where applicable. All are at a maximum top height of 173cm.
- There are articles held in glass cabinets (most are upright). Some of these are vertical and may not be visible if the eye line is below 115cm.
- There is a returnable laminated leaflet available which gives detail of the information and displays in the museum.
- Individual wooden seats are located at various points around the period rooms.
- The floor surface is wood and uneven in most places. The Great Hall is a stone floor.
- Lighting in the galleries is generally good, but the Hall lighting is low due to the nature of the collections and the fabric of the house. These areas are more dimly lit to aid preservation of the exhibits.
- We have a 360° photos of all the rooms viewable on See Inside.
- Public toilets are located on the ground floor in the Stables Range with level access from the main entrance. These toilets have a unisex accessible toilet, locked with a RADAR key available from the welcome desk.
- The toilet has a light, easy opening door 91 cms wide.
- The toilet height is 45 cms.
- There is a vertical rail on one side of the toilet and either side of the basin.
- There is a horizontal rail on the side wall adjacent to the toilet.
- Toilet and wash basins are white.
- There is a flashing light when the fire alarm sounds.
- There is an emergency alarm pull cord.
- The toilets are well lit with fluorescent tube overhead lighting with a low level light switch.
- There are lever taps on the sinks.
- The café is situated on the ground floor in the Stables Range and has a step free level access from the entrance.The entrance doors to the café are 117 cm wide.
- Tables in the café are well spaced apart, with a clear height from the floor of 61 cm.
- Lighting in all areas is natural daylight with overhead lighting used.
- The flooring in the café is brick.
- We do our best to cater for any dietary requirements; please contact us in advance to check any specific requests you may have.
- All staff can assist by running through menus with you.
- Crockery is colour contrasted with the table where possible.
- The nearest public toilet with an accessible WC is located near the main entrance approximately 37 metres from the café.
- The shop is level throughout.
- There is sufficient room within the shop for a wheelchair to manoeuvre and turn.
- There are tall display racks and low tables accessible from a seated position.
- Staff can offer assistance if required.
Grounds and Gardens
- There is a small garden with a gravel path.
- There is a small picnic area on a level lawn that can be reached via the café.
- There are outdoor wooden tables and chairs with umbrellas.
- Main pathways are 147 cm wide.
- There are wooden benches at intervals around the garden.
- All of our staff receive regular training.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require it someone will assist you with evacuation either out of the building or to a refuge.
If you have any queries or other requirements for your visit contact us:
Phone: 0121 348 8000 (9.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday)