We are committed to being safe and welcoming for everyone. All visitors, volunteers and staff deserve to feel valued and respected within our venues, on social media and during events.
To help keep everyone safe, we ask you to follow a few guidelines.
We ask that you:
- Be respectful and kind to our staff, volunteers and visitors
- Remember that everyone deserves an enjoyable experience
- Speak and behave positively with others
- Listen to what others are saying
- Treat our buildings and places with respect and use them for the purpose they are intended
We welcome differing views and ideas, and we encourage debate and discussion, but please be considerate to all.
We have no tolerance of:
- Discriminatory behaviour, harassment, or defamatory comments
- Behaviour which compromises the health and safety of anyone
- Disruptive behaviour, such as repeatedly interrupting an event
- Behaviour which defaces or damages our buildings and collections
- Individuals who advocate for or encourage any of the above behaviour
We take reports of abuse or harassment very seriously. Individuals who do not behave in line with our code of conduct may be asked to leave or be barred from visiting our sites. Abusive behaviour posted on social media will be removed and may result in the individual being blocked. We may refer matters to the police.
Noticed something that wasn’t quite right?
If you would like to report any behaviour inconsistent with our code of conduct, please contact us at the email below so that we can take appropriate action.
These guidelines represent an ongoing commitment which we will regularly review and update to reflect your feedback. If you have any thoughts on how we can improve, please contact us at email@example.com