Aston Hall is a magnificent Grade I listed 17th century mansion house and one of Birmingham’s most iconic buildings.
It is a breath-taking location for your wedding day.
Full of architectural and historical delights from its breath-taking Long Gallery to the battle scars of Civil Wars, Aston Hall is one of Britain’s finest treasures steeped in 400 years of history.
The Hall has historic Royal connections, King Charles I spent the night here and Queen Victoria visited on several occasions.
The house is set in a beautiful Green Flag public park, providing an oasis of calm north of the city.
What We Offer
Your civil ceremony will take place in the Great Hall where you can be surrounded by up to 80 guests. With its beautiful oak panelling, grand fireplace, and intricate plasterwork ceiling, you’ll be taking your vows, and making memories to last a lifetime in a setting steeped in history.
Follow your ceremony with photographs of the two of you in the breath-taking Long Gallery, then join your guests for more photo opportunities in Lady Holte’s Garden, the North Courtyard and the front of Aston Hall.
Full of architectural and historical delights from its breath-taking Long Gallery to the battle scars of Civil Wars, Aston Hall is a unique wedding venue and one of Birmingham’s finest treasures.
Your Civil Ceremony
Civil Ceremonies at Aston Hall include:
- Exclusive hire of the Great Hall for a three-hour period for your ceremony from 11.00am – 2.00pm, Monday – Friday only (excluding Bank Holiday Mondays).
- A private room to meet with your registrar.
- Complimentary parking for you and your guests.
- All necessary furniture and set up of the chairs.
- At least 1 museum staff member on hand to ensure you have everything you need for your ceremony.
- Use of select rooms in Aston Hall for photography of the happy couple.
- Use of the gardens for photography.
Our maximum capacity for all of our ceremonies is 80 guests and the cost of this package is £1200 (inclusive of VAT).
Celebrate in Style
Treat your guests to a glass of fizz and canapés or perhaps afternoon tea after the ceremony. Weather dependant this will be served in the North Courtyard or the Stables.
- Exclusive use of the North Courtyard or Stables from 12.00–13.30pm. £250 inc VAT.
- Prosecco. £7 per glass inc VAT.
- Celebration package
One glass of Prosecco or sparkling elderflower non-alcoholic cocktail and 4 canapés per head. £25 per head inc VAT.
- Afternoon tea
Traditional full afternoon tea with scones, strawberry preserve and Devon clotted cream, selection of sandwiches on farmhouse bread and afternoon cakes served with a choice of loose-leaf tea or freshly ground coffee. £30 per head inc VAT.
Terms and Conditions
- Prices quoted are for hires between 9am–5pm. Evening hire of the event space is available, prices on request.
- Payment in full of the above noted prices is required to secure your date.
Please get in touch to discuss how we can tailor our packages to meet your needs.
Call our team on 0121 348 8082 or email HeritageVenueHire@BirminghamMuseums.org.uk