Birmingham Museums Trust is a registered charity [Charity number: 1147014].
We bring people’s stories alive through exhibitions, special events and activities. To do this we care for and share the city’s collection of over 1 million objects and artworks across nine museums and historic properties.
We are extremely grateful to our visitors, who continue to access our collections in huge numbers. You are the reason that we endeavour to provide the best experiences possible.
By donating an extra 10% or more on your single-entry ticket price or agreeing to Gift Aid your Annual Membership (at no extra cost to you), you allow Birmingham Museums Trust to claim the tax back on the whole amount paid as part of the Government’s Gift Aid Scheme. This means that we can claim 25p in every £1 you spend with us.
These vital extra funds help us to continue to fulfil our charitable role as your museum.
- Only UK income/capital gains taxpayers are permitted to Gift Aid.
- You will be required to complete your full name and address on purchase, for HMRC to identify you as a taxpayer. Your personal details will not be used for marketing purposes.
- If you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations, it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
- If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
- Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org
- want to cancel this declaration.
- change your name or home address.
- no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
- Gift Aid Annual Memberships cannot be given as a gift.
For more information: www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/gift-aid