The ruins of Weoley Castle are a scheduled Ancient Monument of national importance, they need to be preserved and direct access is limited. This is challenging for accessibility.
Please tell us if there is anything we can do to improve the accessibility of Weoley Castle, and the information that we provide.
If you have any queries or other requirements for your visit contact us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0121 348 8000 (9.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday)
Viewing Weoley Castle Ruins
- Weoley Castle ruins can be viewed from the viewing platform, outside the fence that surrounds the ruins.
- The viewing platform is accessible to wheelchair users.
Inside Weoley Castle Ruins
- Direct access to the ruins and our visitor centre is available on event days.
- Weoley Castle is not fully accessible to wheelchair users and people with mobility difficulties.
- The ruins are in a grassy area, and the ground is uneven.
- The Visitor Centre is on one level and has accessible toilets. It is only open on event days.
There is no car park at Weoley Castle ruins. Parking is on the road.
There are accessible toilets in the visitor centre. These toilets are only open on event days.
Guide and Assistance dogs are welcome when we open on event days.
- The light levels at Weoley Castle ruins depend on natural light.
- The area has stone ruins, uneven grassy ground and what was once a moat.