A Perfect Location for Great Photos
We offer photography packages for couples wanting to do Engagement or Wedding shoots.
We know that people are often looking for beautiful, unique locations for these memorable photos, and we are very happy to help.
Blakesley Hall is a beautiful, timber-framed Tudor house which is situated just a few miles from the centre of Birmingham.
The Elizabethan house is one of Birmingham’s oldest and most historically significant buildings and provides a spectacular, inspiring backdrop for your photography.
These photography packages are separate from our Weddings and Civil partnerships offer, where photography is included as part of the day.
The Beautiful Backdrop Package
Use of the grounds, the traditional herb garden, the orchard and the front of Blakesley Hall.
Non-exclusive hire between 9.30am–4.30pm. £50 + VAT per hour.
Out of hours: £150 + VAT per hour.
The Historic House Package
Non-exclusive access to the Great Hall and Grand Parlour – an intimate setting for the wedding couple and photographers. Plus use of the grounds, the traditional herb garden, the orchard and the front of Blakesley Hall.
Non-exclusive access between 11am–4pm. £200 + VAT per hour.
Out of hours: £350 + VAT per hour.
Get in touch if you have any questions or would like to book a date for photography.
Call our team on 0121 348 8082 or email HeritageVenueHire@BirminghamMuseums.org.uk
Terms and Conditions
Blakesley Hall is both a public museum, managed by Birmingham Museums Trust, and a registered wedding venue. We ask that all photographers and clients read the below terms and conditions which are in place to assure the preservation of this historic property, as well as to offer the best experience to yourselves.
External Photography Restrictions
- No drones are permitted anywhere on site in order to comply with government and CAA regulations.
Internal Photography Restrictions
- All photography equipment must have rubber footing.
- Sharp-heeled shoes may not be permitted as these can cause damage to historic floors. Stilettos, for example, are not permitted within the Hall.
- Historical objects within Blakesley Hall may not be moved, leant against, or used to place any equipment on.
- Lighting; Any lighting should be reflected, and not aimed at historic objects. Lights must be fitted with new UV filters. Ambient light should be used where possible.
- The staff member in charge of the hire has the authority to stop the photography at any time if they feel that the building or the collections are at risk.