The award winning Edwardian Tearooms offers a wide range of delicious food and beverages in a unique and historic setting. Join us for brunch, lunch or coffee and cake in our beautifully renovated space.
Here at the Edwardian Tearooms we cater for everyone. We provide a great children’s menu and you’ll always find gluten free options, vegetarian meals and vegan dishes available. Our team of chefs work with high quality ingredients and our menus change seasonally. We also offer a carefully curated drinks list including wine and beer.
The Edwardian Tearooms offers the only 'Press For Champagne’ service in Birmingham. This is brought to you in partnership with the House of Piper-Heidsieck. Each of our private booths has its own Champagne buzzer. With just a press of a button your server will be on hand to guide the table through the full Piper-Heidsieck Champagne menu and take your order.
The Edwardian Tearooms is located on Level 2 of Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery and is open Wednesday - Sunday, 10am - 4.30pm. Last orders for food is 4pm.
The Edwardian Tearooms will feel a little different to usual, but we are sure you will enjoy your visit and look forward to welcoming you. You do not need to reserve a table to dine in the Edwardian Tearooms but you do need to book a ticket to enter Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery.
Track and Trace
You will be asked to scan the QR code poster using the NHS COVID-19 app, or provide your name and a contact telephone number. This a mandatory requirement in cafes and restaurants.
- We have reduced the capacity of the Edwardian Tearooms and removed tables and chairs to facilitate social distancing.
- There will be table service at the Edwardian Tearooms. Please wait to be seated when you arrive. Your host will guide you to your socially distanced table.
- Our menus are single use and will be recycled.
- Our tables are sanitised between each use.
- Our staff will be wearing face masks.
- You will find hand sanitiser available around Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery including in the Edwardian Tearooms.
- We have an enhanced cleaning schedule in place.
- Card payments only to limit personal interaction, with contactless preferred.
- Due to recent changes in Coronavirus restrictions, we are currently only able to accommodate groups of up to six people from the same household/support bubble.
- Please do not visit if you or a member of your party are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19.
We offer takeaway options so you can still enjoy some tasty Edwardian Tearoom treats if you don’t want to dine-in. We are offering hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and cake to go!
Specials and Offers
- Wednesday - 10% off full afternoon tea
- Thursday - Large coffee or pot of tea and slice of cake for £4.95 from 10am to 12pm
- Friday - 2 cod and chips for £15
- Saturday - 10% off brunch menu from 10am to 12pm
- Sunday - 2 Sunday roasts for £20
Happy Hour Offers
- 10.30am - 11.30am - Breakfast Club, buy two full English or vegetarian breakfasts for only £12
Edwardian Tearooms Lates
The Edwardian Tearooms regularly host special out-of-hours events, including silent discos, dinner and live music and lots more. To find out about upcoming late night events see the Edwardian Tearooms Late page for details.
The Edwardian Tearooms are available for hire for private functions. Take a look at our Venue Hire options for more information.