Focussing on objects made in Birmingham or the Midlands, this collection dates from the medieval period to the present day. It includes the largest and most comprehensive collection of internationally renowned jewellery, metalwork and glass made in Birmingham between the 18th
and early 20th centuries held anywhere in the UK.
- Matthew Boulton metalwork
- glass by John Hardman & Co and Hardman Powell
- F & C Osler & Co. Ceramics
- porcelain objects from manufacturers Worcester and Ruskin
- jewellery, metalwork, ceramics and stained glass by later 19th and early 20th century British Arts and Crafts makers, particularly those from Birmingham
- furniture commissioned from James Newton by Matthew Robinson Boulton comprises the largest holding of this important Regency maker in public ownership.