How to Book a Box
Nurseries, Schools, Colleges, Universities and other organisations (with premises) are welcome to make bookings for a Museum in a Box.
The service operates on a half term basis and each loan box costs £50 per school per half term. Boxes can be collected from the Museums Collection Centre or for an additional fee boxes can be delivered. Find out more by visiting the collection / delivery page.
The loan period is for a half term period. The loan dates for 2020/2021 are:
- Autumn 1 2020: Week commencing 7th September – 23rd October
- Autumn 2 2020: Week commencing 2nd November – 18th December
- Spring 1 2021:Week commencing 4th January – 12th February
- Spring 2 2021: Week commencing 22nd February – 1st April
- Summer 1 2021: Week commencing 19th April – 24th May
- Summer 2 2021: Week commencing 7th June – 12th July
The deadline for booking requests is no later than 5.00pm on the Friday prior to the commencement of each half term. However, it is advisable to book as far in advance as possible to ensure the box you want is available.
Your organisation will be invoiced for your order after the loans boxes have been delivered. Payment must be made within 14 days of the invoice date.
Payment can be made by credit/debit card, cheque and BACs.
Please make cheques payable to Birmingham Museums Trust and send them to
Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
Credit/debit card payments can be made by calling 0121 348 8001, please have your invoice to hand when calling.
Payment details will be on your invoice.
Terms and Conditions
By making a booking with Museum in a Box you have agreed to abide by the terms and conditions below.
- It is a condition of the loan that objects are used for educational use only and not for profit making purposes.
- Due care and diligence must be taken to safeguard the items on loan.
- Items on loan must be locked away when not in use.
- On rare occasions we may have to supply an alternative box to that which was ordered. This will be clearly
- stated at the time of collection/delivery.
- Borrowers are liable for costs of breakages or loss for up to £150.00 per box.
- Evaluation forms must be completed for each loan box.
- By making a booking you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
How to Book
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the education bookings team on 0121 348 8001 and we will do our best to help you. Alternatively to book a box:
- Fill out the booking form (Word) by selecting the box(es) you would like to order.
- Choose whether you would like to collect the box or have it delivered (delivery costs £40.00 + VAT per organisation, per half term).
- Return by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A confirmation of your booking will be sent to you within five working days.
Please note that some boxes are periodically removed for redevelopment or conservation. Whilst every effort is made to give you your first choice, we may occasionally have to offer alternatives.
You are welcome to add to or amend your allocation, although we would ask that any changes are made at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the half term for which the box is required.
For cancellations please allow at least a full half term's notice, so that we can still allocate the box to another customer.