How to Book a Box
Nurseries, Schools, Colleges, Universities and other organisations (with premises) are welcome to make bookings for a Museum in a Box.
Each loan box costs £53 per school per half term plus £45+VAT delivery (our delivery service covers up to 25 miles from B7 4RQ).
The loan period is for a half term. The loan dates for 2021/2022 are:
- Autumn 1 2022: Week commencing 5 September – 17 October
- Autumn 2 2022: Week commencing 31 October – 12 December
- Spring 1 2023: Week commencing 9 January to 13 February
- Spring 2 2023: Week commencing 27 February – 27 March
- Summer 1 2023: Week commencing 17 April – 22 May
- Summer 2 2023: Week commencing 5 June – 17 July
The deadline for booking requests is no later than 5pm on the Friday prior to the commencement of each half term. However, it is advisable to book as far in advance as possible to ensure the box you want is available.
We operate a delivery service for Birmingham and the surrounding areas (up to 25 miles by road from B7 4RQ), whereby you have your loans delivered to your school. They are also collected at the end of the half term.
This service operates at a charge of £45+ VAT per half term to cover costs.
Loan boxes are delivered to school / organisation on the first Wednesday* of each half term. On arrival at the school or organisation, the Museum Boxes will need to be signed for by a member of staff. This does not have to be the staff member that ordered the boxes.
The boxes will be collected on the last Wednesday* of each half term. All borrowers must have loans boxes ready at their reception desk from the Wednesday of each loans collection week. If boxes are not available when the collection van arrives you may be charged an additional collection fee if the waiting time exceeds 10 minutes.
*Exact dates and times will be communicated closer to the time, it is subject to change depending on staff availability.
Your organisation will be invoiced for your order after the loans boxes have been delivered. Payment must be made within 14 days of the invoice date.
Payment can be made by credit/debit card and BACs.
Credit/debit card payments can be made by calling 0121 348 8001, please have your invoice to hand when calling.
Payment details will be on your invoice.
Terms and Conditions
By making a booking with Museum in a Box you have agreed to abide by the terms and conditions below.
- It is a condition of the loan that objects are used for educational use only and not for profit making purposes.
- Due care and diligence must be taken to safeguard the items on loan.
- Items on loan must be locked away when not in use.
- On rare occasions we may have to supply an alternative box to that which was ordered. This will be clearly stated at the time of delivery.
- Borrowers are liable for costs of breakages or loss for up to £150 per box.
- Evaluation forms must be completed for each loan box.
- By making a booking you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
How to Book
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the education bookings team on 0121 348 8001 (lines open Monday - Friday, 9am - 4.30pm) and we will do our best to help you. Alternatively to book a box:
- Download the Museum in a Box booking form (Word).
- Fill in the form by selecting the box(es) you would like to order.
- Return by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A confirmation of your booking will be sent to you within five working days.
Please note that some boxes are periodically removed for redevelopment or conservation. Whilst every effort is made to give you your first choice, we may occasionally have to offer alternatives.
You are welcome to add to or amend your allocation, although we would ask that any changes are made at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the half term for which the box is required.
For cancellations please allow at least a full half term's notice, so that we can still allocate the box to another customer.