Soho House was the 18th century home of the industrialist and entrepreneur Matthew Boulton. It was partially developed in later years so it does have a lift. We want to make it as accessible as possible but it does have some of the access issues of historic buildings.
Please tell us if there is anything we can do to improve the accessibility of Soho House, and the information that we provide.
If you have any queries or other requirements for your visit contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0121 348 8000 (9.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday)
Getting Around The Museum
Soho House can be accessed via a ramp. Once inside the house, a lift connects all the floors.
The Visitor Centre and gardens are also accessible for wheelchair users.
There is a free car park at Soho House and one car park space is reserved for a Blue Badge holder.
- One personal assistant is permitted free entry to the museum when accompanying those in receipt of Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.
- If multiple personal assistants are required, prior arrangements must be made with the Museum Manager or equivalent and written evidence of this may be required.
- Due to our adherence to health and safety guidelines, we cannot allow anyone under the age of 16 years to be a personal assistant to another person. We do not allow personal assistants for anybody under the age of 3.
Arriving at Soho House
Entrance to the site is through our Visitor Centre. This has level access.
There is an accessible toilet within the Visitor Centre. Baby changing facilities are also available here.
Guide and Assistance dogs are welcome at Blakesley Hall. We can provide dogs with a bowl of drinking water which is available from the ticket desk.
We have a number of portable hearing loops that are used across all of our venues. Please contact us to ensure one is available for your visit.
If you require a chair during your visit please ask a member of staff who would be happy to help. Seats are also available in the Visitor Centre.
We have a concessionary rate for disabled visitors and a complimentary ticket policy for personal assistants. See our Concessions Policy for more details.
For more detailed access information including the sizes of doors, heights of toilets and tables, flooring types, plus lighting information please visit the Accessibility Details page.