We have a number of outlets selling food and drink, plus a shop selling a range of gifts and souvenirs.
Food & Drink
Signal Box Café
All aboard the Signal Box Café for great food in a fun, family setting. We have a variety of hot and cold food options available including the signature Signal Box Burger. The Signal Box is also a great place to pick up a coffee or a sweet treat. From sandwiches to delicious hot meals we have something to suit all tastes and dietary requirements.
The Signal Box Café is located on Level 0 next to the City of Birmingham locomotive. Take a look at the café menu.
To keep you and other diners safe we have the following measures in place:
- When you arrive at Stable Yard Café, please take a seat – you’ll find a menu on your table. When you’re ready to order please go to the counter to make payment.
- A takeaway service is also available.
- Staff will be wearing masks and you’ll also find Perspex screens in operation.
- Contactless card payments are preferred in order to limit personal interaction but cash will be accepted.
- From 19th July our grab-and-go range will be reinstated at Signal Box Café.
Platform 2 Kiosk
Platform 2 Kiosk is closed until 4th August.
If you’d prefer to eat outside or fancy a takeaway treat, pop over to Platform 2. You’ll find us next to the Science Garden.
Opening hours are weather dependant.
Take home a bit of Thinktank with a range of gifts; from space to science, animals to Birmingham inspired items – we have products to reflect the museum’s collection and fun, family-friendly atmosphere.
We also stock a large range of LEGO products too.
Contactless card payments are preferred in order to limit personal interaction but cash will be accepted.
We have an online shop where you can purchase a fantastic range of unique gifts and souvenirs and have them delivered straight to your door.
As well as getting a great gift, all shop purchases help to support Birmingham Museums Trust to continue to care for Birmingham’s unique collection and the delivery of our award winning education programme.