The Wifi is an unsecured network. Anyone who uses the service to access or transmit information online does so at their own risk. It is your responsibility to make sure your device has adequate and up to date security features.
These terms and conditions of use were issued on 19/01/23. They will be reviewed regularly to make sure they remain accurate, appropriate and relevant.
By using Birmingham Museums Trust’s Wifi you agree to the following:
- You acknowledge and accept all security risks relating to accessing and using the internet over an unsecured wireless network
- You take responsibility to configure your device with the appropriate security settings, firewall and antivirus protection to control access from other wireless devices and the internet itself
- You conduct online transactions, including banking, online shopping and payments, at your own risk
- You take full responsibility for any loss of any information that may arise from the use of hardware or connections, or for any loss, injury, or damages resulting from the use of these facilities
- You agree to all terms of the Acceptable Usage Guidelines
Birmingham Museums Trust
- cannot advise you on how to protect yourself and cannot be responsible for assisting you in setting up security on your personal device
- do not guarantee the privacy or safety of your data and communication while using this free service
- is not responsible for the misuse of personal information entered on websites
- will not take responsibility for damage incurred from incorrect, insufficient or incomplete security settings or lack of up-to-date virus protection
- reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Wifi service without notice.
Acceptable Usage Guidelines
By using Birmingham Museums Trust’s public access computers or Wifi service, you are bound to the relevant UK law, including the Data Protection Act 1998; Parts of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994; Computer Misuse Act 1990; Copyright, etc and Trade Marks (Offences and Enforcement) Act 2002, and agree to abide by it.
Birmingham Museums Trust’s Wifi should only be used for lawful purposes. It should not be used to:
- access or send material which may harass, threaten abuse, offend, incite violence or hatred against any person or class of persons
- harm or attempt to harm children or young persons in any way
- engage in activities that are illegal or that could be considered offensive, obscene, abusive or disturbing to other users
- contravene any legislation
- gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to other computers or networks, including other Wifi connections broadcast in the vicinity of the service.
Staff are entitled to determine whether acceptable usage guidance are being broken, and in such cases the individual may be asked to leave the premises immediately, and the police may be informed.
We will follow our Safeguarding Policy to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm. We will refer all concerns, if appropriate, to the relevant children’s or adult care services and/or police.