MiniBrum Birthday Party Terms & Conditions
- Once you book your party, payment must be received within 28 days, however, payment must be made a minimum of 14 days in advance of your party.
- Any cancellations must be made in writing.
- Cancellations of any parties within 14 days of the date of your visit will incur 100% of the cost of the party.
Conduct and responsibilities
- You are responsible for the supervision and conduct of children in your group at all times. It is important that children are never left unattended or allowed to leave MiniBrum or the party room (The Den) without adult supervision.
- Thinktank staff are not responsible for supervision of your party or the children.
- Please ensure there are enough adults to supervise the children.
- We require a ratio of at least one adult for every six children. Failure to bring sufficient and appropriate adult assistance may result in your admission to the museum being refused. In this instance, you will still be liable for the full cost of your party.
- You know your children best and if you feel that you need to bring more adults than the above ratios suggest, please do so (charges apply for adult above the permitted ‘free’ quota)
- Severely disruptive behaviour will lead to the group being asked to leave Thinktank and no refunds will be made on any part of the visit.
- You will be liable for any damage caused by the actions of any member within your group.
Cloakroom and lunch
- Thinktank accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to the property of visitors and any property left within Thinktank’s cloakroom facilities is done so at your own risk.
- The duration of your party is two hours. Approximately 80 minutes is allocated to play in MiniBrum and 40 minutes is allocated for time in the party room. By accepting these terms, you agree to ensure that your group has vacated the party room by the end of your allotted time.
- Children should be supervised throughout their lunchtime.
- At the point of booking you will be asked to pre-order lunch bags for your party. It is important that you let us know of any dietary requirements or allergies at this point.
- Any changes to your catering requirements must be made a minimum of 7 days in advance of your visit. Cancellations or changes after that time may incur a charge.
- You are not permitted to bring your own food, other than birthday cake.
- You are not permitted to have candles on the birthday cake due to our sensitive alarm system. We will provide an electric (remote control) candle.
- The Thinktank staff team (in blue branded t-shirts) are present within MiniBrum and will assist you in any way they can, however, they are not responsible for your party.
- Thinktank staff will ensure you have unlimited squash available and will bring your food to the party room.
Parents and additional children
- You are permitted to have an equal number of adults to children at your party. For example if you have 10 children in you party you are permitted to have 10 adults in attendance. These adult are able to access MiniBrum free of charge. Any additional adults above your permitted number will be able to access the site at the reduced rate of £6.00. Any additional children that are not included in the birthday party quota are required to pay the standard entry fee to the Thinktank. These children can be paid for on the day or in advance on our website.
- Your party package only gives access to MiniBrum. It does not include access to the rest of the Thinktank Museum. If access to Thinktank is required, discounted rates will be charged.
- Party Bags can be pre-ordered. Additional party bags can be purchased on the day.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all adults within the visiting group have read and understood these terms and conditions.
Please retain a copy of this page for your records.