MiniBrum is Thinktank’s very own mini city, where children are in charge!
Located on level 3.
This exciting child-sized world, aimed at under 8s, features recognisable landmarks, such as the Birmingham canals, Selfridges and the Old Joe Clock Tower at the University of Birmingham.
There are several different play zones for children to discover and enjoy.
- Home area where children can build their own dens
- Burrow where children can find the hidden animals
- Park with race track inspired by Birmingham’s Commonwealth Games
- Construction zone with a climbing tower and slide
- Workshop where children can fix a car engine, change a car tyre and make their own mini race cars
- Salon with dress up and hair styling areas
- Shop with Post Office
- Health centre with doctors surgery, dentists and vets
- Ice cream and vegetable stalls
- Specially designed sensory zones for babies
It also features a coffee corner which sells refreshments and snacks, a buggy park, lockers, accessible toilets and baby change facilities.
The gallery allows children to explore and question their understanding of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) world around them. Through play, the city gives children the confidence to think like scientists in real-life scenarios where they will be testing their ideas, problem solving and creating. It was created in collaboration with schools, families and community groups.