MiniBrum is Thinktank’s very own mini city, where children are in charge!
This interactive gallery is aimed at children under 8 years old. This exciting child-sized world features recognisable landmarks, such as the Birmingham canals, Selfridges and the Old Joe Clock Tower at the University of Birmingham. It features several different play zones for children to discover and enjoy.
- Home area where children can build their own dens
- Burrow where children can find the hidden animals
- Park with race track inspired by Birmingham’s upcoming Commonwealth Games
- Construction zone with a climbing tower
- Workshop where children can fix a car engine, change a car tyre and make their own mini race cars
- Salon with dress up and hair styling areas
- Shop with Post Office
- Health centre with doctors surgery, dentists and vets
- Ice cream and vegetable stalls
- Specially designed sensory zones for babies
MiniBrum also features a coffee corner which sells refreshments and snacks, a buggy park, lockers, accessible toilets and baby change facilities.
The gallery has been created in collaboration with schools, families and community groups and it allows children to explore and question their understanding of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) world around them. Through play, the city gives children the confidence to think like scientists in real-life scenarios where they will be testing their ideas, problem solving and creating. Find out more about the collaboration process by reading the MiniBrum blog.
MiniBrum is cleaned regularly throughout the day and we have multiple sets of kits to enable staff to remove used items for regular cleaning. We have limited entry to MiniBrum and numbers are restricted to 60 visitors at a time. MiniBrum will be managed by a member of staff.
The gallery is located on level 3.
Download for free the MiniBrum colouring sheet from our schools webpage.
Celebrate your child’s birthday at MiniBrum! Our MiniBrum parties include: a birthday host to welcome your party and keep an eye on timings, the party will have playtime in this exciting mini city, followed by exclusive use of a party room where the party meal and unlimited squash will be served. To find out more, including how to book, visit the Birthday Parties page.
This video was filmed pre-covid 19.
Funders and Supporters: