Pick up one of our free family trails to help you explore our galleries and get more out of your visit. Choose from Iconic Exhibits , Top Ten , Hidden Treasures Trails or the Kids’ City Ideas Sheet. Collect the trails from the cloakroom on arrival.
Borrow an activity pack from the Ticket Desk for free and find more ways to unlock the Wildlife, Futures, Spitfire and We Made It galleries!
Weekend and School Holiday Activities
We run a range of hands-on activities at weekends and school holidays for all ages. The programming varies, but activities can include:
- Interactive Drop-in Sessions
From science busking to kitchen science labs, children are invited to investigate the world around them and learn some simple, exciting and interactive science demos. If you are the sort of person that likes to get stuck in and do things for yourself, then these sessions are made just for you.
- Under 8s Activities
Our interactive under 8s sessions are designed to engage and inspire, allowing children to be creative and inquisitive. From Space Buggies to Dino Storytelling, we have some fun activities for all the family to enjoy.
- Object Handling
Join us for some highly interactive sessions with our handling collections. If you thought museums were places where you were not allowed to touch anything, think again.
- Arts Activities
Get creative with one of our exciting arts activities that you can take home.
- Under 3s are FREE
- There are central lifts to all floors
- Secure lockers are available in the Kids’ City gallery
- Bottle warming facilities and highchairs are available in the Thinktank Café
- Baby changing facilities can be found on Levels 0 and 2. If you need a nappy there is a dispensing machine in the Level 2 baby changing room or ask at the Ticket Desk
- Thinktank can have high levels of noise at peak times. If, while you are visiting the museum, you find that you need somewhere quiet to retreat to, please speak to a member of staff who will assist you. We have quiet spaces on each level of the museum, which can be used for prayer facilities, baby feeding and break-out spaces.